The job of the Business Development Committee is to identify new market opportunities for the central business district, find new use for historic commercial buildings and stimulate investment in property. The Business Development Committee must develop a thorough understanding of the district’s economic condition and its best opportunities, focusing on incremental change that gradually improves the area’s economic foundation and eventually make large-scale investment possible. The Economic Restructuring Committee’s five major responsibilities are:
- Learning about the district’s current economic condition and identifying opportunities for market growth
- Strengthening existing businesses and recruiting new ones
- Finding new economic uses for traditional buildings
- Developing financial incentives and capital for building rehabilitation and business development
- Monitoring the economic performance of the district
MEETINGS: The Business Development Committee meets the first Thursday of the month from 9:00-10:00 a.m. at the Howell Main Street DDA Office, 118 W. Clinton St. These meetings are open to the public. For more information contact Outreach Coordinator, Kate Litwin, by e-mail to email@example.com or call (517) 540-6717.